“I’ve learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.”
– Maya Angelou – Poet, memoirist, and civil rights activist
Certain sayings have a great deal of wisdom hidden in them that resonates with us. What makes them great is how they remain true across time. We all must have heard the above Maya Angelou quote in some variation or another, and this holds for customer satisfaction, which in turn drives sales success.
Customer Satisfaction = Customer Service + Customer Experience
A particular study by Oracle® found that 86% of the surveyed consumers were willing to pay more for better customer service. The link between customer satisfaction and sales success is well-documented.
Though there are multiple definitions based on context, we could safely take the following equation as the simplest canonical form: Customer Satisfaction = Customer Service + Customer Experience.
Customer satisfaction is a combination of aspects that are in our control,
- Customer service, the tangible aspects such as a well maintained and stocked machine, ensures full marks
- Customer experience, where the intangible elements, such as aesthetics or a contactless and cashless experience, come into the picture.
At Vending.com, our machines cover both aspects.
Quality of Customer Service
Customer service is key to gaining repeat customers and growing your business.
More product selections translate to more sales. Our combo vending machines, for instance, vends multiple product types and has a flexible and high storage capacity.
Ease of Use
The customer does not like coin jams, bills returned, glitchy interfaces, or faulty buttons. The customer depends on the vending equipment to save them time while servicing their needs.
Vending equipment is a substantial piece of machinery. As rugged and handsome as they are, they still need to be grounded, balanced, and suitably located to stave off any possibility of injury. In today’s environment, sanitization of high contact surfaces are also non-negotiable. Check out our UVend Technology that provides a safer vending experience for customers.
Quality of Customer Experience
Customers are the cornerstone of your success. Focusing on the below areas will help in maintaining and optimizing the quality of their interaction with your vending business.
- Ease of accessing information: We are living in a mobile-first consumer environment. Your customers are used to responsive touchscreens with strategically located useful information. They expect no less from their food, snack, or drink vending machines.
- Cashless: Again, the focus is on a seamless interaction. One where mobile and card-based payment systems increase convenience for the customer. Our offerings are equipped with the latest payment acceptance systems. Additionally, in some cases, these offerings can be retrofitted. We recommend contacting your sales representative for more information.
- Contactless: Unattended retail is growing. With this, our machines are equipped to make the entire user-machine interaction contactless, from product selection to payment to delivery. We ensure a no-touch experience to the end-users.
- Aesthetics – The Where, How, and Wow of Product Placement
- Planogram: Out of sight, out of mind. We do not want visibility to affect your sales. Our in-house experts help you plan the positioning of your best-sellers. This ensures customers do not turn to another machine just because they could not spot the snack they wanted.
- Lighting: Visibility is one thing. Viewability is another. Vending.com machines have strategically placed LED bulbs that enhance merchandise viewability.
- Design: The where and how of product placement is covered, and now we come to the ‘wow.’ Depending on the audience targeted, a good design helps you get extra sales. Vending.com helps you convert your branding goals or your marketing ideas into visual graphic wraps.
- Alignment with/cognisance of customer philosophy
- Accessibility: Patrons will range from children or elderly or the differently-abled. As such, our machines are all ADA compliant or ADA ready.
- Sustainability: Consumers are now more aware than ever of the environmental impact of their purchase decisions. Vending.com has always been at the forefront of creating or in the early adoption of energy-efficient practices. Our machines are ENERGY STAR® certified. We constantly innovate through engineering and sourcing to keep the toll on our environment to a bare minimum.
We have ensured client success throughout our decades (90 years) of experience in delivering automatic merchandising equipment by helping our clients provide great end-user service and constantly optimize the end-user experience. We deliver thanks to our consistent focus on innovation and dedicated and exhaustive service, maintenance, and repair.
Making Vending Machines Your Best Salesperson
With a vending machine, there is an opportunity to provide standardized customer service and a quality customer experience to ensure more repeat sales and increased customer loyalty.
At Vending.com, we focus on making our machines a delight to use. We incorporate customer feedback and industry trends into our R&D. Connect with us to know more about the features and machines that will drive more vending sales for your business at 1-855-929-1042.