Job Title: Aggregate Production/Heavy Equipment Operator
Location: 8040 UNIVERSITY BLVD
P.O. BOX 1333
Clive, IA, 50325
Employee Type: Non-Exempt
Job Category: Heavy Equipment Operator
Manage Others: No
Name: Misty Wittern
Essential functions for this job include but are not limited to:
- Must be able to or willing to learn all site functions to be cross trained.
- Assist as needed in all aspects of our sand and gravel operation.
- Safely assist with plant operations, heavy equipment operation, repairs and clean up.
- Ensures that the equipment maintenance program is executed in a timely manner.
- Accepts incoming parts and supplies, responsible for accuracy of delivery and copy of shipping receipts to administrative office, and completes other forms and internal documents required.
- Maintains and uses all safety and protective devices on all equipment and tools and personal safety equipment provided; knows and practices safe working procedures.
- Provides technical assistance to others and assumes those duties during other’s absences.
- Attends required training in prescribed program areas to acquire knowledge of the latest technological developments and provide staff with subject matter expertise in these areas.
- Performs tasks each day that include time records and related reports
- Operates equipment and hand tools.
- Maintains and repairs buildings and grounds and premises of the physical facility to ensure the workplace is tidy, clean, and safe
- Performs heavy physical labor in lifting and carrying heavy objects, digging, shoveling, pushing, pulling, prying, dragging, loading, and unloading under adverse working conditions
- Provides courteous external and internal service to customers, vendors, and landowners according to Legacy Customer Service standards
- Serves as First Responder
- Perform pre-shift safety inspections on equipment, each day, no exceptions!
- Adhere to all MSHA guidelines and plant safety rules and regulations.
- Perform duties with minimum supervision.
- Report any problems to the Site Supervisor and/or President
- Lift, carry and hold materials, tools, and supplies.
- Assist in Continuous Site Improvement through use of performance standards.
- Attend all required continuing safety education per MSHA Compliance requirements.
- Regular and predictable attendance at all assigned times is required.
Perform any other duties as assigned.
Minimum skills & proficiencies needed:
- Graduation from high school or GED equivalency and one-year experience in the operation of motorized construction and maintenance equipment or an equivalent combination in which each additional year of experience may be substituted for one year of education.
- A drug test and pre-employment physical required. Subject to random alcohol and drug testing while employed. Must maintain insurability standards.
- Previous experience as a machine operator and ability to handle heavy equipment.
- Knowledge of production procedures.
- Have Analytical skills and be able to pay attention to detail.
- Have the ability to work in a team NOT ME environment.
Minimum Physical and Mental Abilities Required to Perform Essential Functions
- Outside work involving regular standing, walking, crouching, crawling, stooping, kneeling, pushing, and pulling heavy objects up to 150 lbs. and carrying objects up to 70 lbs.
- Regular periods of sustained physical activities involving climbing, bending, stooping, operating heavy equipment, controlling, and adjusting the progress of machines and equipment, using appropriate body members (arms, hands, fingers, legs, etc.) to work, move, guide, or place objects or materials, insert, throw, dump, or place materials in containers, or remove them from containers using either mechanized equipment or physical labor.
- Clarity of vision to see all equipment at great distance (with or without correction), good depth perception and field of vision to operate various kinds of motorized equipment, as well as eye/hand/foot coordination, manual and finger dexterity and related cognitive abilities.
- Ability to hear communications in person, over the phone, and the 2-way radio, and to hear and recognize potential hazards or dangers, including but not limited to moving vehicles, operating equipment, and plant equipment start-up.
- Ability to analyze information and draw necessary conclusions and solutions
- Ability to work efficiently and effectively in high stress and conflict situations
- Ability to anticipate and resolve issues in a timely manner
- Ability to complete assigned tasks without direct supervision
- Ability to maintain strong customer, employee, and community focus
- Ability to effectively respond to questions from customers and vendors
- Ability to obtain information by observation, investigation, interpretation, and visualization
- Ability to immediately identify and respond to hazards to oneself, employees, customers, and/or visitors
- Experience managing multiple priorities and deadlines, including wide range of tasks
- Work is performed in an environment with undesirable conditions: exposure to extreme heat and cold, odors, noise, dust, fumes, moving parts, electrical shock, burns, toxic agents
- Occupational hazards such as those generally associated with ongoing exposure to moving machinery/equipment leading to cuts, bruises, burns, strains, back injuries, and potentially more serious injuries
- Physical Requirements:
- Legacy Materials, a brand-new sand and gravel mining operation in Booneville, Iowa is looking for a full time Production Worker to safely assist with plant operations and heavy equipment operation. We are a small, family-oriented business that prides ourselves in superior customer service, integrity and teamwork. As a production worker you will be expected to help in all aspects of our sand and gravel operation. Your duties may vary from day to day, not limited to scale operations, heavy equipment operation, dredge operation, and a variety of other duties as assigned. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Veterans, women and minorities are encouraged to apply! Reports to Site Supervisor.